Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Belle Isle Footbridge

This double-decker bridge leads by foot to one of the most scenic places in Richmond proper: Belle Isle. Pedestrians take the suspended footbridge (suspended beneath Belvidere St) to cross over to the 54 acre playground. Today it's full of hiking and bike trails, families and dogs, but in the past it's served many, many purposes. According to their sign it's been a Colonial race track, a steel/iron factory, and a POW camp during the Civil War (there are more that I can't remember as well). As you can see, it has a beautiful view of the James River and if you click on the picture you can see the old bridge pilings (from 1934 when it opened as a 4 lane toll road) before this one was built in the 1980s.

Posted by mea at 7:10 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Miss Scarlet posted at 10:12 AM  
    Hmm I've never been there. I need to.
  2. Blogger EPLUIM posted at 4:23 PM  
    I'm so glad you're back to daily!
  3. Anonymous Ciatho posted at 4:45 PM  
    I love that footbridge! It's a little scary the way it's suspended though. I've never seen it from that angle, I'll have to be more careful next time I cross!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:57 PM  
    One day I was surfing web and suddenly I came across website named www.home-businessreviews.com I learned how to begin my own home business and i was able at last quit my job where i was employed one year, now I'm making 150$/day. I was able to make such kind of money because I discovered some very cool home based business reviews. At website named www.home-businessreviews.com

    OK seems that website owner finally discovered really good home business program which helped him to begin his own home business, so he eventually decided to set up website and tell about his own experience about making money online. It seems that he lost so much money before he came across winner home business program which actually work. But which one? Find out at website below!
    [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home based business reviews[/url]
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:58 PM  
    I just discovered the website who reviews about
    many
    home based business opportunity

    If you want to know more here it is
    home business opportunity
    www.home-businessreviews.com

Post a Comment

« Home