Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Avalon

Take a guess as to what this might be? Boutique? Second-hand shop? I really like the reflection in the window because it gives a perfect sense of the neighborhood atmosphere that surrounds the Fan District (my favorite part of Richmond--although I might be a bit prejudiced). Don't they do great window vignettes? They added that during renovations a few years ago.

Oh, still curious? It's actually a great little restaurant and bar right down the street from Black Swan books.

Posted by mea at 5:18 PM

8 Comments

  1. Blogger Lisi posted at 6:12 AM  
    Hi Mea, it does look like the window of a home decor shop or 2nd hand shop...are those apartment buildings in the reflection?
  2. Anonymous Ciathos posted at 9:52 AM  
    You've got such a great eye for the scenery of Richmond! I love the reflection in this shot, it's so well defined. If you've never been to the Fan District, this shot really is characteristic of the area.
  3. Blogger dutchie posted at 9:56 AM  
    Hi Mea, you are probably too young to remember this 80'ies song but you got me thinking of Bryan Ferry of Roxy music and humming Avalon now all afternoon!
    Thanks.
  4. Blogger mea posted at 10:12 PM  
    Lisi - I think most of those are actually single family homes, although a few may be converted into apartment buildings. One is under extreme renovation.

    Ciathos - Thanks. Maybe I'll be able to recruit you as a contributor sometime!

    Dutchie - Must be...I'm usually pretty familiar with 80s music, but that one escapes me.
  5. Blogger Miss Scarlet posted at 1:59 PM  
    I like Avalon:) I miss living close to it.
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:50 AM  
    Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:16 PM  
    Excellent, love it! » »
  8. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:29 AM  
    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it film editing schools

Post a Comment

« Home