Sunday, March 12, 2006

Here's looking at you, kid


The (now defunct) Mega-Movies mural is one of Richmond's many great pieces of wall art. Located in Shockoe Bottom, it was painted by rogue artist Ed Trask in 1995. I had never seen it before the other weekend, but I'm in love with it. I love old movies; one of my favorites is Breakfast at Tiffany's. What about you?

Trivia Time:
I'll give points today if you can tell me
  • A: What movie today's title is from (no Googling, that's cheating!)
  • B: What movie this painting emulates (bonus points if you can link us to a picture!)

Posted by mea at 10:14 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Litzner posted at 12:34 PM  
    -Casablanca
    -Gone With the Wind
  2. Blogger Rob posted at 1:20 PM  
    litzner beat me to it

    Casablanca
    and Gone with the Wind (no mistaking the moustache)
  3. Blogger chris.h. posted at 1:47 PM  
    Now defunct? They knock it down or paint over it? Thats plain wrong--I love this kind of thing.
  4. Blogger mea posted at 3:06 PM  
    Litzner- Should've known it'd be you!

    Chris H-The mural is still there, but the store went out of business.
  5. Anonymous Ciathos posted at 9:54 PM  
    This picture is really good, but I don't think it shows just how BIG it really is. This mural is at least 20 feet tall. It was a very impressive piece.
  6. Blogger Litzner posted at 11:56 PM  
    it's because I have no life, I'm not going to lie about it. :o)

Post a Comment

« Home