Friday, March 10, 2006

Doughnut Delirium


Have you ever had a fresh Krispy Kreme doughnut picked right off the belt? The smell is absolutely intoxicating. You walk in the building and all you can focus on is the stream of doughnuts chugging by. It's like everything else just fades away and the doughnuts call out "Me! Me! Pick me! I'm perfect and round and hot and light and sweet. Doughnuts don't weigh very much, we couldn't be that bad for you!"

My husband refers to this as the doughnut army... Although, I'm not sure if the doughnut soldiers are going out to put smiles on our faces, or if their mission is to ensure American obesity?

What's your weakness?

Posted by mea at 8:21 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Elisabeth posted at 10:07 AM  
    Hey, Mea - Thanks for having stopped by my blog. I saw on your comment to Eric's blog yesterday that you teach French (and I loved your students little essays about the coffee cups...). Good to meet a colleague! I should use Eric's pictures too for some spontaneous writing or conversation in my classes.

    I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but I have managed to give them up quite a while ago. I actually don't think that you can find them in my little Western Pennsylvania town.
  2. Anonymous Jean posted at 10:32 AM  
    My first taste was in Las Vegas. Fortunately, it took over two years before they came to British Columbia. Our Office Manager goes and gets them for special meetings.
    We look them but cannot afford them "weight-wise".
  3. Blogger Litzner posted at 3:53 PM  
    You know, I really don't like Krispy Kremes... The first one I had was a bit too greasy tasting for me, but I thought I would give another one a try, and the same thing...too greasy.

    I miss Tim Hortons...now there are some excellent doughnuts.
  4. Blogger mea posted at 4:57 PM  
    Elisabeth - I've been a lurker of yours for awhile. It's actually how I found ParisDP!

    Jean - But they're so light and fluffy!

    Litzner - I don't really like eating them that much either, but the smell. God it's so awesome! I would trade a million KK for Tim Horton's doughnut holes though. You have that right!
  5. Blogger EPLUIM posted at 6:40 AM  
    MMM> Do you know what's strange? I just had adream about doughnuts. Someone had donated about a million for an event. Two people were celebrating an anniversary or something and instead of cake they had a cakey chocolate doughnut. There were so many kinds....
  6. Anonymous Michael posted at 10:38 PM  
    That's something that's not available here in Vanuatu yet

Post a Comment

« Home