Wednesday, March 29, 2006

1 North Belmont




In order to build excitement about the VCU French Film Festival this weekend in Richmond, I thought I'd bring you a picture of the best French restaurant in Richmond. One North Belmont (on the corner of Ellwood and, well, N. Belmont) opened last year and is run by Chef-Proprietor Frits Huntjens.

The food is absolutely fabulous (if you go on a weekday, you may be treated to a special hors d'oeuvre by the chef) and since I'm not a food critic, I'll let our local newspaper tell you about the fare. I've eaten there on two occasions: once for my anniversary and once as a special event for The Richmond French Meetup Group and it was worth every penny. Frits is very friendly and welcoming, making sure to greet each table, and he was so accommodating for my French Meetup Group that he created a special appetizer and wine menu and he even gave us a gift certificate to raffle off.

I suppose it must suffice to say "Bon Appétit!"

Posted by mea at 8:46 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger EPLUIM posted at 5:54 AM  
    I think it's funny that the sign is a frog...
  2. Blogger Neil posted at 7:54 AM  
    I love when a locale -- at first glance -- looks nothing like you would expect it to look. At first, I thought this was a elementary school, with the frog the school mascot -- and then I saw the sign. I've been to a 4 star restaurant that is using the location of a former IHOP.
  3. Blogger Nicola posted at 9:25 AM  
    Sounds like a very nice place! How nice of them to start this raffle for your french group!

Post a Comment

« Home